1/12/09

I'm having a stroke

"You know, I really think this is going to be one of those week-long blizzards"

WHHAAAAAAAAAATTTT?!?!?!?

No, you, did-ainn't! You did NOT just say that the blizzard that
started last Friday looks like the kind of storm that will stick
around.

Because I KNOW you know that I leave on my MUCH NEEDED AND MUCH
ANTICIPATED vacation in four short days...

And I KNOW you know I KNOW that when I can't see the houses across the
street from the whiteout conditions... and the wind has been howling
at my bedroom window for the past three days non-stop...and gusts are
reaching 90 km/hr... that we are entering dangerous territory.

AND I KNOW you know I know you know that I know that you ...

Okay, I'm done,

But here's the deal.

The "end day" of the blizzard keeps moving back, which is
all-too-reminiscant of our record-breaking blizzard last year...(which
by the way happened within a week of today, the 16th or so, if memory
serves me right)... and environment canada is all wiggin' me out with
their non-commital "clearing at least temporarily" forecast for
Tuesday night/Wednesday...

All I want is for it to clear up before Thursday. Is that too much to
ask, REALLY????

PS, today is the last day to vote for your NUNIE NOMINEES. I'll be
sending what I think is the best blog post of mine from the past year.
You guys go nominate your fave blogs NOW! Okay? Go! And then send
some good vibes to the weather gods because I really want to get out
of here on Friday.

4 comments:

Jennith January 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

I hope that you escape on Thursday. Its insanely windy in Baker right now, but our weather station is down... so I can only guess how windy. We are supposed to be in the clear for Wednesday, but we also have so little snow, it takes a lot of wind to blow what there is around. Safe travelling

Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

You are right about the week long blizzard last year - it started on January 16th and lasted 8 days in Chesterfield Inlet (where we lived at the time)...hope it doesn't end up being a record blizzard and you make it out for your vacation (cause I know how anxious I feel right before heading south about getting out!!!)

Mongoose January 12, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Have you tried offering a sacrifice to the blizzard gods? It worked on the EI gods.

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 4:03 AM  

Love the blizzard sacrifice idea Mongoose. I laughed when I read it.

Jackie's Mom