1/20/09

So, whereya from?

I don't think I ever really realized what a difficult question "where are you from" is to answer.
 
Especially for me, at this point in my life.
 
I mean seriously:
 
  • I was BORN in Moncton, NB.
  • I moved to Hammonds Plains, NS when I was 5.
  • I moved to Cornwall, PEI when I was 9.
  • I went to school in Ottawa.
  • I live in Rankin.
Most people have never heard of Rankin Inlet. And it's not like I'm FROM there anyways. And I'm not FROM Nunavut. OR Nothern Canada (though that's the easies thing to say).
 
My family still lives in PEI, but I haven't lived there for almost 6 years (holy crap, that long?).
 
So I guess I'm just homeless. Or in Mexico, I'm just "from Canada."
 
That's broad enough, right? :)

2 comments:

Jason January 20, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Yea Canada!

Anonymous January 22, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

You are from the West Coast...the OTHER west coast.

The Hudson Bay west coast.