1/30/08

Holy Crap...

I won a Nunie!

It's kind of funny. I went to be early last night, because that's what I've been doing of late... I've set up my own little geriatric ward in my apartment... and kind of let fate take its course.

Wow, I can't believe I just used the f-word. I'm generally all kinds of an anti-fate-ite. So let's rephrase. I just kind of let nature run its course. There we go. I believe in nature.

I had decided I was going to try and keep my "campaigning" as minimal as possible. I made a couple of posts on my blog telling people to go vote... and I changed my MSN screen name to something similar (figuring there were a decent chunk of folks on there who didn't read the blog).

I also tried to be as un-competitive as possible.

Curse all you who scoffed at that last statement. It's TRUE! I'm not going to deny chronically checking the Nunavut Blogs site every 5, 10 minutes... but it was a pretty intense race between Kennie and I.

I don't know what the final numbers were, but I don't think we were much more than 10 percentage points away from one another at any point in the voting process. And that was a bit an anomaly on the last day. For the most part, we were within three per cent of one another.

But I do have to put out a crazy big thanks to my sister, Danielle. She worked her magic over in NB, and was up VERY late watching the progression of the polls. Long after I went to bed, in fact. Which is actually kind of funny, because it was MY contest (or rather, my blog's).

So thank you Danielle, thank you everyone who took the time to vote, not just for my blog, but for everyone's. I think this was a great little event that hopefully Clare will continue in the future... it has given the blogs (old and new) a bit more exposure, and has encouraged me to keep writing.

Apparently someone likes it :D

PS, congrats to Jen as well, who won Best Nunavut Blog (I just won the "new" category). Her blog is always good for a chuckle... and not to mention some amazing photos. Between she, Kennie, Bob Izumi Jr. and Kate Nova... I've been inspired to take better photos. Or at least dream of a digital SLR in the far-off future (gotta wait for my beautiful baby Canon to kick the bucket first :P)

8 comments:

jen January 30, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

Congratulations! You deserve it! Reading your blog puts an extra joy into my coffee time every day. :)

But I think you need to put up more photos of Sully...lol ;)

Megan January 30, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

Congratulations!

Clare January 30, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

Congratulations. Email me and I'll email you the badge for your side bar.

Anonymous January 30, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!

-jennifer of nunablog

Kate Nova January 30, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

congrats!

Kennie January 30, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Congrats Jackie - it was a nail bitter all the way :-)

And you don't have to wait for your Canon to "die" ... sometimes you need a point-and-shoot .... other times you need an SLR :-) (and the Canon SLR I will say is very nice)

Anonymous January 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

congratulations bubbles! you make me proud...lol

Kevin.

Rob, Tina and the boys January 30, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

Congrats! Yours is one that I check every morning with my coffee. :)