1/24/08

The Nunies

Well well well.

I the mystery has been solved. I've figured out why my hit count a couple of nights ago was so high (and has stayed at this rate since)....

My blog is a finalist for the "best new blog" category in the 2007 Nunies!!!!

For those of you not "in the know".... a fellow blogger, Clare, has set up a Nunavut Blog contest. For the past couple of weeks people were asked to submit nominations, and the top five were chosen in two categories: Best blog, and best new blog. I won't bother reposting them, because all the info (and links) can be seen at Nunavut Blogs.

I originally started this blog for my family back home, the friends I've made over the years who might be interested in hearing what I'm up to, and most of all, for myself. I wanted to have a record of the time I've spent in the Canadian arctic. The good, the bad, the stressful, the lonely, the remarkable and the remarkably unremarkable. I've since come to realize I blog for the amusement of other bloggers as well... and as it seems... a certain number of non-bloggers, non-family/non-friend readers. And that's pretty cool too.

My blog was winning there for a little bit yesterday, but has since fallen to second place, trailing behind Kenny's Tales from the Arctic blog. I am officially dangerously addicted to checking the standings. Last night I was updating the page every 10 minutes. It was sad, and very sick.

So please, take the chance to vote (I'm not at the begging "vote for me" stage, I'm trying not to let my competitive tendencies take over what is really, just a cool experience). And check out some of the blogs. There's some great writers out there, willing to keep you up-to-date, informed, and put a smile on your face.

Good luck to all!

3 comments:

Megan January 24, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

Good luck!

I must say, I am jealous of the virtual community Nunavut bloggers have been able to form. We aren't nearly as organized here in the NWT.

Anonymous January 24, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

You got my vote!

jen January 24, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

hee hee I have been checking every 10 mins too. We are going to crash poor Clare's site!