1/15/08

I get knocked down....

And boy is it taking awhile to get up again.

Ug.

So I had a bit of an eventful weekend. I went over to Jaime/Jeff's (surprise, surprise) ... had a couple drinks, and the next day ended up at the health centre.

Granted there are a couple details missing in there, but you get the idea. I was quite sick on Saturday, couldn't keep my own freakin' saliva down... and so I made my inaugural trip to the Kivalliq health centre. Not at all a bad experience, all things considered.

They had to put me on IV and I got to experience the miracles of IV Gravol. I wish I could have a home supply of that stuff because when I get sick, man do I ever get sick. Stomach acid is not my friend... and Gravol never stays down.

Ok enough about the mechanics of my illness.

I maintain I didn't have THAT much to drink, and that it was likely a combination of the lingerings of whatever I had over the holidays + weak stomach + alcohol was real the potent mix...

And so I've been down for the count ever since. I don't even want to think about how much sleep I've gotten in the past 3 days... because it's pretty disgusting. I was all ready to go to work this afternoon too ... took a shower, even put on a dab o' makeup... before a dizzy spell hit me and I realized it just wasn't happening.

I have to say, paid sick leave is the best invention in the world. Don't know what I'd do without it.

But I did have a mini-productive yesterday. I baked my first loaf of bread ever, my grandmother would be SO proud. I generally don't really even buy bread, because it is hard to finish all by myself ... and thawed frozen sliced bread just isn't the same.

So yah, first loaf of french bread, a total success. The top was a little more brown that maybe it needed to be, but frig. It tastes amazing.

3 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys January 15, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

There has been a crazy flu epidemic on the go here. At one point they shut down the health centre due to the amount of people coming in. Good to see you are feeling better. And the bread looks great!

Jaime January 15, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

Haha I love how it sounds like Jeff and I are huge party animals. Folks, I am just going on the record to say I only drank water that night! Just straight H2O, hahaha.

Jaime

Jackie S. Quire January 15, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

Fair enough.

No party was had, I just was ESTABLISHING I wasn't drinking alone with the puppy :P