1/2/08

The transient life

It seems like everyone I know is either leaving or planning to leave the north... or at least their current northern posting. I have a couple sets of friends that are planning on returning south. And bloggers left and right are ripe with plans of moving around.

It's all a little unsettling, seeing as I just got here. But I get the impression such is the way of the north. People come up for a little while, and then move on. It's just a little hard to watch, and maybe I need to be careful as to not get too close, because eventually we all move away.

Bit of a depressing thought.

6 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys January 2, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

You never know, maybe we'll get posted there! :)

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan January 2, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

Sorry! You can always move to the Yukon with us. They have trees!!

Kennie January 2, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

It's all part of living in the North (I'm told). Up where I am, the teachers stay anywheres between 2-4 years, the RCMP have 2-3 year postings, and our Health Center is constantly getting new staff in. I plan to stay up North as long as I can .. maybe not all in the same community, but definitely up North.

jen January 2, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

Same here! Up north for a while, but they move us around, no choice. But the great thing is my blog, like many of us, will stay in the same place!

Jaime January 2, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

Haha I used to think, "Oh no, everyone is going to leave me," but now I'm like, "God I hope I leave first."

But hey, if what I was talking to you about earlier today works out, I'd still come back to Rankin from time to time!


Jaime

Anonymous January 5, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

The turnover we had here last June wiped out all the sourthern teachers except for me so I can totally relate.