Okay, first of all... Yah, Okay. EW.
But I was looking for a way of saying "verbal diarrhea" but for my blog. So there you go. A disgusting mental image. Man, you new readers are NEVER going to come back now!
But there are a couple housekeeping items I wanted to blurt out, none of which really deserve their own post. So here goes.
- Kate Nova and I had a bonding moment a couple days ago over TB's Shark post. You see, neither of us really get the whole I Haz Cheezburger thing... personally, I have always been embarrassed of this fact. I still don't really get it - but I HAVE found that I find them much more amusing if they are ONLY about corgis. Also, for those who are LOLspeak-challenged (like me - and apparently Kate too) check out THIS.
- Is it just me, or did this whole Melissa Fung thing come out of the blue? I don't seem to remember hearing that a CBC journalist had been abducted in Afghanistan. I remember the day it made front page of the cbc.ca/news website, saying that she had been released... but nothing before then. And I tried to google cbc.ca for past stories on her, and I've not come up with anything.
Did I just happen to miss all the stories on her abduction? Or were there none? Am I losing my mind?
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE candy canes. My coworker just brought me one as a "thank you" for helping her something. You see, I have this very methodical way of eating full-sized candy canes. I start at the non-hook end, unwrap about 2 inches of candy, suck it into a point that could poke your eye out, snap it off, crunch, enjoy and repeat. Oh, of course, then when it comes to the hook part, I shove the whole thing in my mouth and wear it like a retainer. Natch. Yes I was one of those kids who actually WANTED braces. Yes, I was a freak. Yes, you should know this by now.
- As I briefly mentioned on Towniebastard's blog... I'm TOTALLY gearing up for Christmas already. I just bought my tree (on eBay, of course). It's one of those pre-lit ones... but it's only about 3 feet tall. I was on this mission to get the EXACT SAME tree as Andrea, Robyn and I had back in the old university days... and I think I've succeeded. The mini-mesmerizing Christmas Tree is back. I can't wait to space out while staring at it's twinkly branches again! Also I totally started present shopping at the end of October. Two gifts have arrived already... and many more on the way. This will be my first (and maybe last? Who knows...) Christmas in the North... and I'm going to make sure it rocks (but yes, I will miss my family like mad, but at least the boy is staying with me :))
- I am making a pact with myself that I will try to keep my house clean for the ENTIRE MONTH OF DECEMBER. This is going to be a big deal folks. I'm hardly Suzie Q. Homemaker over here... and the more space I have, the more places for me to put my junk (usually on any visable surface/floor). But I'm sure to have people over SOMETIME during the holidays... (and it kind of sucks to request 24-hours notice for a pop-in visit) AND I'm going to be dog sitting (cutest little shih-tzu EVER - and Sully's new best friend)... so all in all... I hope to have a clean house next month. Haha.