11/19/08

Lactose sucks

Stuuuupid Jackie.

The first thing I checked for lactose was my favourite snack food in the world...

Lays.

Salt and Vinegar.

Chips.

#@$^%$@$$%!!!

Other things in my fridge/freezer that contain dairy/lactose:

  • The GIANT brick of old cheddar I bought this week
  • The quesidillas in my freezer
  • The bag of cheezy-broccoli in my freezer
The list goes on, but I'm too sad to list them all. Basically everything I own and love to eat involves some kind of dairy. You could put grated cheese on a rock and I'd eat it. I'm starting to think I may have to take back my "it won't be so bad" statement.

At least the 40 1.89L bottles of Cranberry Juice I ordered are lactose-free. Can a person live on cranberry juice alone?

4 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan November 19, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Nope. I couldn't do it.

I would just get the pills to make it all better. It is hard enough being pregnant and not allowed soft cheeses! Arrrggggg!!!

Kennie November 19, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Hmm.... Jackie, what about calling down south to ye family and asking them to send you up a couple of bottles of Lactaid? It will at least allow to to enjoy most of your milk products again. It's a life saver for some one who loves their milk products ... but can't "tolerate" them.

Maybe you're just drinking too much coffee?? :-)

Jackie S. Quire November 19, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

Kara: What? You can't have soft cheeses when preggers? I didn't know that. So is that like cream cheese etc? Or worse?

Kennie: Actually, I probably only average 2 cups of coffee a week. Good suggestion, but probably not it.

But yah, that's my plan if this is the real problem, a combo of abstention, lactose pills and lactose-free products.

Aida November 23, 2008 at 5:43 PM  

strange..Frank develop "Lactose intolerance" a few months back and was diagnosed at the health centre too. And then they thought he had celiac disease.

but we did the whole "weeding" everything out and see what is the problem. he can't tolerate milk which is just about it. he can eat cheese in small amount.