11/10/08

Tune in....

To hear yours truly AND madam Jen of Nunavut this Wednesday at 11:30am on SPARK!

Ever wonder what your favourite bloggers sound like? Well hear two of them WEDNESDAY at 11:30 on CBC Radio 1.

I'm roundin' the bend folks. There's just the little details left on this project now. The doc is done, the script is set, I have my taped chat with Nora tomorrow bright and early tomorrow morning...

I am feeling good.

And it's about time. While I've had my share of stress over this project, I don't regret it even for a second... and I'd do it again - many times over - if I could.

It just comes down to keeping up skills. It's funny I've only been a "news journalist" for a year now. And all through j-school I never thought I had the right personality or whatever that 'IT FACTOR" is that makes news journalists what they are. And while I don't really consider myself a NATURAL newsie, I am good at pretending.

But in the process, I somehow developed this idea of NATIONAL RADIO that is very different from reality. NATIONAL RADIO is not the same thing as NATIONAL RADIO NEWS. Life - and radio - doesn't have to be all serious. Sure, police stories are serious, health stories are serious, and sometimes political stories are serious (though often, just funny without knowing it haha).

But those are just three categories. Why do we take EVERYTHING so freaking seriously? Sometimes you just need to lighten up a bit.

So with the help of my lovely producer Elizabeth, I lightened up a bit. Had some fun with the story. Like I used to, back in the days of CBC Quebec.

And I tell you, it felt gooood.

So yah.

Tune in, Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. (12:00 NT) and Saturday at 4:00 p.m. (4:30 NT) on CBC Radio One - - wherever you may be.

4 comments:

Anonymous November 10, 2008 at 7:21 PM  

Thanks for the info on your story ......I'll do my best to catch it.

Word on the street, er tundra, is that there is a teacher from north Baffin who may be able to offer a unique perspective on things.

.....if you're interested

:)

Jackie S. Quire November 10, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

I should have said, and I'll make this point later on the main blog, but it will be available as a podcast too, so if you miss it, it will be available later.


Dammit, I should have asked you earlier. The piece is already packaged, but I will keep you in mind if stuff comes up again :D

I am always just a little wary of getting someone in trouble with their work. Which is dumb, because if you don't care, I shouldn't either.... but anyways. I will keep you in mind :D

(And, if you ever think I'd be interested in something that's going on in AB, let me know. I am very much a fan of getting more stories from the communities.)

Anonymous November 10, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

I'll keep that in mind Jackie. I guess the only big stuff is the port the feds plan to build out at Nanisivik though I'm sure you probably know just as much about it as I do.

Megan November 10, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

Yes, please let us know when the podcast comes up. I'm almost never able to listen to the radio at work, but I love podcasts.

Can you post it here in a player? Is that allowed, or does it blur the line between your work and your blog? (Has the CBC figured out the answer to these questions, or did they decide that their ridiculous "guideline document" would settle all of the issues?)