11/14/08

Temper Tantrum on the Tundra

See? Alliterations are fun!

So yah, I threw a classic "temper tantrum on the tundra" this afternoon at lunch. At 11:45 my coworker kindly suggested that I go start up my skidoo so that it's nice and warm when I go to drive it home. I tiptoed out (I was wearing sandals inside the station. The only way to walk in the snow while wearing sandals is to tip toe) and started the beast. No biggie.

Then at 12 when I sauntered out to drive myself home to puppy and a nice lunch, it had stalled. And was NOT toasty warm

AND THE BLOODLY THING WOULDN'T START.

I checked the 'on' switch.
I check the choke.
NOTHING.

I kicked it.
NOTHING.

I pretended it was a computer and turned it off, then turned it on again.
NOTHING.

Then I screamed "you frikin' piece of SHIT!"
It didn't respond.

Then I burst into tears, and ran into the station to try and find some kind of solution online.
NOTHING.

Well, not NOTHING, but I don't necessairily understand anything ABOUT snowmobiles, so reading about what could be wrong is like someone who has a rash looking it up in WebMD. NOT A GOOD IDEA.

So I reached for the only form of sustinence at my desk: the candy cane my coworker gave me yesterday. I had left just the "U" part ... to savour at a later date. Today was that date.

So I slowly unwrapped it.....

AND THE BLOODY THING SNAPPED IN HALF IN MY HANDS.

And now I can't wear it like a retainer.

Man, life is hard.



Also? I think I may have deleted the interview I need BADLY today. Frick.


9 comments:

Anonymous November 14, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

Oh you poor thing. I would think ti worst part of the day is the broken candycane. You can fix a skidoo, you can't fix the candy cane retainer. You need to take the rest of the day off work.

Jackie S. Quire November 14, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

I agree. This day has just been too traumatizing. I should go home...

:( If only!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan November 14, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

Yep, you should definitely take the rest of the day off!!

Mongoose November 14, 2008 at 2:43 PM  

Oh wow, I hadn't seen your new template before. Very pretty.

But what I was really gonna say is, that's why I don't have a skidoo. Well, there is the fact that I can't afford one, but the other thing, I don't have a boyfriend to keep it running. If I ever get to go out with My Favourite Mechanic, maybe I'll buy a skidoo. Or maybe he'll buy me a skidoo.

No harm in dreaming, eh?

I hope you find your interview...

Jackie S. Quire November 14, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

Thanks Mongoose. I was looking for a new template, was even considering PAYING someone to do it.... but found this one randomly... and well, IT'S LOVE! haha.

Is 'My Favourite Mechanic' single? And interested in moving to Rankin? The current boy has left me for a month long vacation in Mexico/Ontario. So, you know, let him know I'm interested :P

And I DID find my interview. In the last place it could have possibly been. But then, that's always the case, eh? You don't keep looking after it's found. Wa waaaa.

Robyn November 14, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

Was it in the freezer, with your watch?

Or in the bathroom with your spoon?

jen November 14, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

Did you try pulling that lawnmower handle majigger? That usually gets it started for me.

Mongoose November 16, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

My Favourite Mechanic is not single and I've been waiting almost four years for both of us to be single at the same time so I can ask him out, so if he goes out with YOU instead of me I'm going to be very very mad. :)

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

Thanks for making me laugh, the part where you tried on/off as if it were a computer. : )