11/4/08

A happy post!

So, there's a reason why my "About Me" section says the following:

I'm very mysterious. Mysterious like an open book. A suspense novel. In extra large print. That you can read across the room.
When things are good, you know it. When things are bad... YOU KNOW IT. So I had a grumpy/sad couple of days, but I'm happy now! And YOU KNOW IT! Haha.

So what makes this blogger so happy?
  1. MY SKI-DOO ARRIVED! - now I have to qualify this a bit. Apparently my ski-doo arrived "awhile" ago (says NSSI) but they never called or did anything to let me know that it was in. They just dropped it on the beach, and expected my spidey-sense to pick up on the fact that it was waiting there for me. So yesterday M&T dropped it at my house, crate and all... and now I have to figure out how to get it out of the box. Anyone have a spare crowbar?
  2. I have fantastic friends - I have only just begun to realize how much time I spend with "the boy" ... and I've grown addicted to the company. But when he's gone I have to get used to venturing outside my apartment... last night I went to Nat's and she fed me chicken fettuccine alfredo. Then we watched hours of Intervention (I like that show MUCH better when they have happy endings. The sad endings make me want to shrivel up and die). And played a couple rounds of Xbox golf. All in all, a pretty sweet evening.
  3. My coworkers make me a good journalist - I've been getting a lot of help from my Inuktitut-speaking coworkers lately. We make a good team. They dig up the person affected, I dig up the "official" voice, and we do bilingual stories.
  4. Did I mention I have fantastic friends? One of my friends here is currently in Whale Cove on work travel. I had this DUMB idea to include Whale Cove's banking woes in my story for Spark (don't remember what I'm talking about? Check it out here). Now that's a story that we've not been able to do for the regular programming for CBC North, because we've not been able to find someone to talk. So why I thought it would be a good idea to try and "crack" it for my Spark piece, well that's beyond me. But I did. And now I'm committed to it. But then Good Friend Sarah came to the rescue. She thinks she might be able to help me. She knows some nurses and people in Whale... and is going to see if they'd be interested in participating. I sure hope it works out, or else I'll have to go back to that paper bag to keep the hyperventilating in check...

1 comments:

Megan November 5, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

I'm so glad things are looking up for you.