11/2/08

There are days...

When you wake up, and feel like the world is just so lonely...
When you talk to people and they brush you off...
When you wish you could be back in that three-bedroom apartment, studying for exams and stressing over fake deadlines
When you miss your family.
When you miss your friends.
When you miss your boy.

When the only remedy is an hour-long phone call with a friend more than 3000 kms away...
Some out-of-tune song-writing (...and the phoooone is clooooggeddd up with teeeaaaars)...
A MASSIVE plate of home-made mac-n-cheese...
A big glass of milk...
And The Terminal on DVD.

I don't know why I love this movie so much, but I do. Probably because I've spent so many hours in airport terminals over the past couple years... and get a HUGE kick out of Tom Hanks' lost in translation.

"Keep the change"

3 comments:

Trace November 2, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

I like that movie too. I hope your day gets better or at least tomorrow is a brighter one for you.
Greetings from PEI.

Tracey

Robyn November 2, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

I haven't seen that movie in so long! And I heart your song, btw. Not quite up to the "Pick's Disease" level, but an admirable first song in the Emo-Country genre.

Anonymous November 2, 2008 at 10:45 PM  

Hi Jackie, I had a few questions, queries, ponderances regarding Rankin.

darcysteele AT yahoo DOT ca

thanks