11/28/08

Like waiting for ketchup to come out of the bottle

There's not much you can do but wait.

If you didn't catch that obscure reference, it was that Heinz ketchup commercial from the '70s (which I believe they brought back in my lifetime, because how else would I know THAT pop culture nugget) where a person is looking dumb-ly at an upside-down bottle of ketchup, waiting for the red condiment to grace their fries... while Carly Simon's "Anticipation" plays in the background.

So what am I waiting for? Some big news that I'm completely torn over. One half of me really really really wants one outcome... and the other half dreads it.

So today should be one drag of a day. My stomach twisted itself in knots as soon as I woke up this morning, and has been angrily cinching tighter over the past 48 minutes.

Here's hoping I survive the an-tic-a-paaation.

3 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan November 28, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

No Fair! You can't have a post like that and not tell us what you are waiting to hear about!

Anonymous November 28, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Why do I have a feeling that this will be the sort of news that will allow us to say... "Oh yes, Jackie S. Quire. I knew her back when she blogged up in Rankin."

Anonymous November 28, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

I was thinking the same thing as Clare - "here we go -the North is going to loose another great voice."

Now tell us -for the Love of...