10/1/07

Air Canada bugs me

Grah.

Ok I'm not impressed with how expensive, and how complicated, it is going to be to get home for Christmas.

I have to deal with two different airlines, I think. And its going to cost me like $2500. Gross gross gross. AND I don't think I can actually get to PEI without wandering through four airports (five, if you count Rankin). AND stay overnight in a hotel somewhere.

I guess that's just the price you pay for living up north. Pun mini-intended.

Other than that... not much to update on. I had all these fantastic plans for the weekend (okay, well maybe just a couple plans... including walking/climbing the mini-mountain I pass on my way to work ... and maybe catching a movie at the cinemas... and of course, heading over to the high-rise area to snag some wireless internet...) but they all crashed and burned because I ended up sick all Sunday. No fun. Oh well, luckily it is still bright in the evenings, and I have at least one or two more weekends before I leave Iqaluit for Rankin. So plenty of time still!!

Also, I'm mini-on-the-hunt for a furry companion... I really really really REALLY want a puppy... I had a lonely weekend what with the being sick and whatnot... and decided I wanted either a puppy...

Or a Wii.

Haha. I'm such a loser.

8 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan October 1, 2007 at 3:15 PM  

I would opt for a wii. You don't have to walk your wii for a wee at -60!

Jackie S. Quire October 1, 2007 at 3:23 PM  

Man I'm a 12-year-old.
I definitely giggled at the "wii for a wee" !!

Anonymous October 1, 2007 at 9:36 PM  

wait, aren't you allergic/you hate dogs? i'm a bit confused...

(Roy)

jen October 1, 2007 at 10:51 PM  

BOTH wii and puppy! I have both and I know my life wouldn't be complete without them.
Dogs are free for the picking up in the north and they are wonderful companions!
But P.S. your travel life sucks with a dog.

towniebastard October 2, 2007 at 10:23 AM  

There's certainly no shortage of dogs around, as Jen states. The usual caveats with them up north, however. Northern dogs often don't like being inside all that much as it's too warm. Plus, they can be a bit high strung. A person in our apartment building tried keeping a husky-like dog in their aparmtent. He didn't like it and nor did the neighbours, who put up with his constant barking. And judging by the quick glance I got at their apartment once they left, he also did quite the job on it.

A thought on the dog might be to get a smaller, more apartment-sized one, which is what we have. We had him trained to go in a box that we covered in newspaper so that when it was -50 outside, we could all stay inside.

Oh, and Jen is also right about travelling with them. Remember, Air Canada no longer will also you to travel with pets. If you want your dog to fly with you, you either have to use Air Canada cargo or WestJet. One more reason why AC is evil.

Of course, we also have a Wii, which is fun as well. You need your little things to keep you amused when it gets too cold to go outside for anything other than work or supplies. That can be books, DVDs, video games or whatever. But you will need something.

Rob, Tina and the boys October 2, 2007 at 2:11 PM  

Get a Webkinz!! And a Wii, and a PS2. Colby and I share his Webkinz, and you can get sucked into Webkinz World for hours!

Rob, Tina and the boys October 2, 2007 at 2:12 PM  

Oh, and I like the new banner.

Anonymous October 7, 2007 at 6:00 PM  

Salut pamplemousse. Come on it's obvious! hook up a dog. And bring me one home on your way down, The biggest husky possible. ..I know u miss me! Ray