10/23/07

And five, and four, and three...

I appear to be growing calf and butt muscles.

At least if my aching legs and ass have anything to say for it. And I blame Jaime

Went to aerobics last night, and MAN if I ever thought I was uncoordinated... well I was so right. So incredibly, embarrassingly right. It doesn't help that as I got exhausted, my legs turned to lipton noodles... and became absolutely useless. At this point in the routine, of course, we started to do grapevine/kicky moves.

So imagine, if you can. Jackie. Tiny stumpy legs. Exhausted. Sweaty. Without water while exerting herself more than she has in several months. Mounting and dismounting an aerobics step. With noodle legs. Doing twisty grapevine steps. And kicking forwards, backwards, and up.

It was a disaster. I couldn't stop laughing. Though I was the only one, so that was a shame.

New moment of self-discovery. When I make a fool of myself I laugh. I have given up (mostly) on the getting embarrassed. Now I just laugh. And it suits me just fine.

Wednesday/tomorrow is the advanced class. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. It will be hilarious.

5 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan October 23, 2007 at 2:36 PM  

I love it! Your embarassing moments provide me with much laughter!

I cannot wait to see if you are like me and slip and fall on your ass all winter in front of everyone. That is always entertaining!

Anonymous October 23, 2007 at 3:11 PM  

So add painting to aerobics and you will know where every muscle in your body is located. Enjoy.

Mom

Jaime October 23, 2007 at 5:58 PM  

You keep blaming me for things I've done out of the kindly goodness of my heart. ;) First, I provide you with the opportunity to discover what true entertainment is (i.e. the Wii). Then I so nicely informed you about a cheap, fun way to work out and what do I get from it? Blamed for your uncoordination!! Hahahaha.

I'm totally kidding...I'm a terrible person, I know. :D

Kate Nova October 24, 2007 at 5:10 PM  

That sounds like so much fun! My friend Val and I used to do a stability ball class (wobbly-ball for us uncoordinated ones). It makes it way easier to stick to a routine when you've got a partner in crime.

Jackie S. Quire October 24, 2007 at 5:37 PM  

Man I'm such a wuss. I copped out on going tonite.

My calves hurt something awful. But I've got mega plans to do some sort of embarassing home-workout either tomorrow or Friday (after I've recooperated) and try to do the both sessions next week.
Here's hopin!