10/5/07

One hour = infinite time

I officially have enough time to do the following on my lunch hour:
  • Walk home (and discover a new section - "search" for songs - on my ipod, en route)
  • Prepare and eat lunch.
  • Prepare and eat lunch part 2 (because part 1 just wasn't enough)
  • Sit down and watch the end of kid's Jeopardy.
  • Find out some kid's mother is leaving his father on some soap opera (incidentally, leaving him for a "worse" man)
  • Take a shower (no opportunity this morning what with the alarm-clock-not-going-off fiasco)
  • Discover I don't have any human-sized towels left (thanks to the over-flowing dishwasher fiasco of last night)
  • Dry self off with a tea towel (frustrating)
  • Get changed/grab wallet/leave house
  • Walk back to work (and get converted by the missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.)
Pheuf. I'm tired.

5 comments:

Kate Nova October 5, 2007 at 3:01 PM  

I love Nunavut's rigidly enforced lunch hour. It's so civilized.

Jackie S. Quire October 5, 2007 at 3:11 PM  

Oh yah. The only thing MORE civilized is France's 2-hour mandatory lunch/nap-time from 12-2.

Classic.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan October 5, 2007 at 3:30 PM  

hehehehe a tea towel eh? I want to hear more about the dishwasher incident!

Jackie S. Quire October 5, 2007 at 3:46 PM  

The now infamous dishwasher incident (as my entire work has heard it now haha).

Last night, decided to play Martha Stewart. Get the dishes done, cook a nice supper etc.

Everything goes fine, load the dishwasher, put the soap in, preset it to "extra rinse" (it had been a couple days, definitely needed some pre-soakage).

Sit down to watch The Office... an hour later, wander into my kitchen to see bubbles leaking out of the dishwasher. I go to grab a towel to mop it up, and the dishwasher hits NEW CYCLE and the bubbles start to seep out of the machine at a startling pace... swiftly covering my kitchen floor in a matter of minutes.

I only own two towels, and both put in some serious overtime cleaning up my mess.

I maintain I'm innocent. It's not MY fault Sunlight makes both dish AND laundry detergent.....

jen October 5, 2007 at 3:55 PM  

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints have their ninja missionaries up here? My grand parents are part of that church, I thought they changed their name to the Church of Love or something creepy like that?