10/17/07

To all readers out there.... your help is needed

Hey all,

So as you may or may not have gathered from my whiney posting, my dream puppy was all a scam...

And, as you can imagine, I'm a little annoyed. I was lucky, but I know other people won't be.

Here's what happened. I was looking at ads for dogs online, kijiji.ca etc. and I came across an ad for Maltese pups, from this woman/breeder Stacey Withrow. At first contact, I had done a search for her name as a breeder in Canada, and came up with something, I think I even found a website... so I didn't look much farther. I was satisfied. We were in the process leading towards closing the deal... and I started to get a bit suspicious: her emails never had a sign-off, they weren't very personal, sometimes wouldn't answer my questions.. just sort of avoiding them.

I did a little more digging. But it took the third page of a Google search to turn up this article. I'm going to paste just a bit of it, but the reason I'm writing this post, is that I was hoping you folks might help me out, and just click on the link. I want to get the hit count up on this article, so that it might surface up from the third page on Google to the first. And people won't make the same mistake I almost did.

Thanks.

Here's the link: No dogs, No delivery

NO DOGS, NO DELIVERY

Julie Matthews, Global News Edmonton

It was a face Cindy Gallagher couldn't resist. "I looked at the pictures and of course, fell in love with them." A friend sent her an online ad for Maltese puppies. They both decided to get one from Stacey Withrow, who claimed to be the owner of Blue Bridge Kennels in Toronto.

The 9-week-old puppies came with a one-year health guarantee. Cindy was wary of shopping on the web. She was told how much Withrow "never lies to anybody...never lies in her life and why would she take people's hard earned money?"

2 comments:

jen October 17, 2007 at 9:13 PM  

You know I had to wonder when the picture you posted of the puppy showed it sitting in Christmas decorations. Usually they do that for a litter that out closer to that time of year.

Jackie S. Quire October 17, 2007 at 9:21 PM  

Yah, I really should have picked up on that.

Hindsight 20/20 eh?