10/25/07

Ode to a coffee

Dearest latte,
Long have I yearned for thee.
Thine velvety texture
and bold taste.
Invigorating my tastebuds
and awakening my senses.
Frothy milk.
Fresh ground beans.
A warm hug on a cold day,
and a slap in the face on a sleepy afternoon.


I have just discovered the Sugar Rush latte.
I haven't had an espresso drink in weeks. Months, maybe. Okay, probably just weeks.
It cost an arm and a leg, but totally worth it. And a nice reward for an otherwise frustrating day of unanswered phone calls.

2 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys October 26, 2007 at 12:45 PM  

Where did you buy it?

Jackie S. Quire October 26, 2007 at 3:35 PM  

At the Sugar Rush. It's this ... cafe/coffee joint/and sweets place DANGEROUSLY close to my work.

Yummmie.

But I think I'm going to get an expresso machine. 20 of those lattes and I might as well have bought one