10/27/07

Things that make me a non-notherner

1. I say "out the road" instead of "up the road"
(I fought for a good ten minutes with K. about this one. I told him what I did today, including going "out the road" and he corrected me, saying I went "up the road" that that was its real name... and then I wasn't impressed because he said that you wouldn't say "going to Up the Road"... which means the name of the road isn't Up the Road it's The road... and it gets murkier and murkier....

2. I want and will drive my ATV in the winter. Come hell or high water. Or snow, sleet, hail or wind. A "real" northern would have a snowmobile. But not me. I'm Jackie. I'm stubborn. Hear me roar and curse as I try in vain to start the thing in -30 weather.

This is the way I do the north.

6 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys October 28, 2007 at 9:47 AM  

You go girl! Waiting to see a picture of you on your "honda"

Anonymous October 28, 2007 at 10:56 AM  

You will soon hate the fact that you are so stubborn. mua!
K.

Jaime October 28, 2007 at 11:44 AM  

We picked a good day to go UP THE ROAD...it looks like crap outside today!


Jaime

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan October 28, 2007 at 1:29 PM  

ahahah yep, you will curse yourself and your honda in a short while!

And I have never heard anyone say out the road- so I guess you are just odd.

Unknown October 30, 2007 at 5:13 PM  

if you want to start your quad in the negatives, do yourself a favour and bring the battery in to warm up and change the oil to a 5 W 30. Do that, and, like a real northerner, that puppy will start in no time flat.

Jackie S. Quire October 30, 2007 at 5:47 PM  

c'est moi:
Thanks!!!
I never would have known... though the battery thing makes sense.
Thanks!!